All course materials are provided digitally inside the course. There are no additional purchases required to complete the course.
A digital PDF copy of M is for (data) Monkey by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar is included in the course. You can download the eBook to keep as a permanent reference. The course teaches selected Power Query topics presented in the book. The book covers far more detail about Power Query, and provides an excellent resource to read during or after you work through the lessons.
For students looking to dig deeper into the topics presented, these books are suggested additional reading:
- Recall which type of graph is useful to feature a given relationship (nominal, ranking, part-to-whole, time series, distribution, deviation, correlation, and geospatial)
- Identify the Excel feature that summarizes values and displays them in rows and columns and includes totals
- Recall which tool is designed to get and transform data
- State the Excel feature that creates a graph
- Recall which tool allows you to relate multiple tables and write measures for use in a report
- Recognize that an explicit measure is written in Power Pivot
- Recall which application incorporates the same technologies included in Power Query and Power Pivot
Although there are no course prerequisites, prior experience with traditional PivotTables is recommended.
Advance Preparation Needed
Ensure you have access to Excel for Windows (version 2010 or later), so that you can work through the homework exercises. Plus, you'll want to download Power BI desktop (free) if you want to work on the Power BI exercises. Excel for Mac is not supported.
Recommended CPE Credits
Field of Study
Computer Software & Applications
Program enrollment is valid for one year and participant must complete the final exam within this time period.
To register, add this course to your cart by clicking the Buy Now button and then complete the checkout process.
Full 30-day refund; full refund for any course cancellations or registration into upcoming session if preferred.
For information regarding adminstrative policies such as complaint resolution, please contact Jeff Lenning CPA CITP at 949-200-7688 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Registry Statement
Excel University, Inc. is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.